Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hymnal Inspiration


Currently,
I am co-teaching a Robert Frost poetry class
on Wednesday nights

My awesome co-teacher focuses on the poetry discussion
and I bring a creative exercise for each class.

This week's Frost poem is:
The Aim was Song

Through my research on the poem,
I have focused more on all the lovely words of hymns.

So, this week's creative exercise is
making "pass it along" cards
with words from our favorite hymnals.

I wanted to share a few examples:

A favorite, The Old Rugged Cross


Though I don't recall singing this hymn before,
the words are inspiring.



I always love singing the Doxology during service.


I can't wait to see what my participants do with this exercise
and which hymns they choose!

Some they will keep and some they will give away


Simple and meaningful creative fun
is what I strive for every time,
sometimes successful
but always
an experience to build on.






No comments:

Post a Comment